Brescia, 4 November - 22 November 2019
Under the patronage of
University of Brescia – Ward of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
Federazione Nazionale Ordine dei Medici Chirurghi e Odontoiatri
Ordine dei Medici Chirurghi e Odontoiatri della Provincia di Brescia
Ordine dei Farmacisti della Provincia di Brescia
Fondazione Scientifica per la Medicina Generale - SIMG
Module 1 (4-8 November 2019) - GLOBAL HEALTH
- Health and illness in anthropological perspective
- Organization of Health Systems
- Primary Health Care
- Application to HIV, TB, Malaria and Malnutrition
- Mother and Child Health (Obstetrics and Neonatology in countries with limited resources, Malnutrition, Childhood vaccinations)
Module 2 (11-15 November 2019) - THE MAJOR TROPICAL ENDEMIC AND LABORATORY BASE
- Basic laboratory techniques
Module 3 (18-22 November 2019) – MIGRATION MEDICINE
- Socio-demographic aspects of the migratory phenomenon
- Poverty and marginalization diseases
- Migrant social and health issues
- Intercultural mediation
TEACHERS - updating
Camilla Appiani, Myriam Brunelli, Silvio Caligaris, Giampiero Carosi, Laura Castellarin, Francesco Castelli, Massimo Chiappa, Icilio Dodi, Issa El Hamad, Patrizia Galeri, Giovanni Gazzoli, Renzo Gianello, Maurizio Gulletta, Marzia Lazzari, Michele Magoni, Roberto Marzollo, Alberto Matteelli, Patrizia Morganti, Giuseppe Pellegrino, Giudi Peruzzi, Chiara Pezzoli, Fausta Prandini, Fabian Schumacher, Lina Tomasoni, Paolo Villani, Tullio Zearo.
Doctors, dentists, health professionals operator (nurses, midwives, biologists, physical therapists) and social operator interested in participating in health projects in developing countries or that have to face similar problems in their daily job in town and villages where of the flows of migration and of marginalized populations is growing more and more.
The course aims to provide:
- the basic technical knowledge required for the overall management of a health area in the developing Countries;
- the basic technical knowledge needed to manage the tropical diseases;
- the cultural in-depth analysis for the diagnostic approach and clinical management of import and migration pathologies.
In the 3rd Module, devoted entirely to the Migration Medicine, the social health issues will be addressed in order to obtain the necessary acquisition of knowledge to reduce the cognitive, relational, organizational hindrance and promote the right to health for non-Italian persons who are living, at any rate, in our country. This whole week will have Dr. Issa El Hamad and Dr. Chiara Pezzoli as Scientific Coordinators.
The course lasts for three weeks from November 4th to November 22nd, 2019 (total 105 hours), with possibility of splitting into three modules of 35 hours each. Lessons will be held in Italian.
The seats are 30. Priority is given to candidates presented by NGOs or by associations engaged in development cooperation or from developing countries.
The course will be conducted with a minimum of 10 members.
At the end of each module, it is planned a Questionnaire Satisfied Customer to be filled out.
CME Credits - Participation in the 3 modules and the overcoming of the Assessment Questionnaire - Satisfied customer - by dr. Silvio Caligaris - entitle CME Credits, according to the Program for Continuing Medical Education, on request at Provider ICM International Srl
|Registration Form (Italian only)|
|CMT-MI 2019 - Flier - Italian only
|General Program 2019 - Italian only
|Prize in memory dr. Mariarosa Inzoli - Italian only|
|Press Release - Italian only|
ORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION AND NOTES
Referent Secretariat CMT-MI: Rag. Cinzia Ferrante
Candidates should send the completed Registration Form together with the documentation to the new headquarters of Medicus Mundi Italy which will host the course:
MEDICUS MUNDI ITALY
SECRETARIAT COURSE TROPICAL DISEASES
Via Collebeato 26-25127 Brescia
tel. 030 3752517 - Fax 030 43266
The cards must be received within the 25th October, 2019.
To download Registration Form (Italian only). Click here
The notice of acceptance will be indicated arrangements for payment of the contribution expense (see below) to be completed before 31 October 2019.
Documents to be attached
- No. 2 passport photos
- A copy of the certificate or diploma or degree self-certification
- Curriculum vitae
- Photocopy of identity card
- Any letter of presentation of an association for cooperation
- € 300.00 per module, including the association to MMI and all course materials and exercise
- € 700.00 for all 3 modules, including the association to MMI and all course materials and exercise
25127 Brescia, Via Collebeato 26
- Course start: Monday, November 4th, 2019 at 9:00 am
- Classes are held Monday through Friday
- Daily timetable 9 a.m. -1 p.m. / 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Room and board are paid by the students; on request we can provide information on facilities available.
CME credits PROVIDER ICM International srl – Provider ICM International Srl. - updating
Medicus Mundi Italy reserves the right to modify or replace the planning of lessons.
MEDICUS MUNDI ITALIA
SEGRETERIA CORSO MALATTIE TROPICALI
Via Martinengo da Barco, 6/a - 25121 Brescia
tel. 030 3752517 - Fax 030 43266
Medicus Mundi Italy reserves the right to modify or replace lessons timetable.