||The integrated program helped enhance the living conditions of the population of Baixada Maranhense as a condition for preventing rural exodus. The specific objectives pursued were the following:
- Enhancing hygiene and health conditions, emphasizing maternal and juvenile prevention and health education. Health agents and midwives will be trained at health centers, so they can start to have meetings among themselves at home;
- Construction of equipped health centers that operate in agreement with local hospitals,
- Enhancing the social and economic conditions of families who participate in the project, both in agriculture, focusing on technological and structural training elements and in the artisan field, supporting activities already under way,
- Activation of a service center for agriculture, handled as a partnership,
- Agricultural production, raising fish, community stable,
- Construction of a nursery so mothers can work.