With the Support of
Consiglio Notarile di Brescia
President Notary Enrico Lera
Why choose to do will
Your will as a mean to leave the world your future.
Your will as a mean to pass on to your commitment, your ideals.
The will to continue to share with those who come after you the way of love.
Your will to continue giving life.
Why a legacy to MMI
With your bequest to MMI, you can continue to give help to all those children, mothers and all people living in a state of extreme poverty; through our medical and healthcare actions, our projects will be pursued further.
With your bequest, we can also fight malnutrition and protect mother and child health (for example, through immunization and prevention programs, nutritional support to children, the upgrading of local health structures, training of health workers on site).
You may choose a specific project or a specific Country.
What is a legacyA legacy is a testamentary disposition that may have either universal value (institution of heir) or have a specific value (institution of legatee).
Free of inheritance taxA legacy to the MMI, as an not-for-profit association (ONLUS NGO), has no costs and is exempt from inheritance tax, in accordance with the DL. n. 460/1977.
What is a testament?
A will is an act by which each person can dispose of their possessions once they have passed away. It is an act of responsibility towards one's family members, especially in the absence of direct heirs (e.g. children).
How to make a bequest: its forms
The ordinary forms of testament foreseen by the Italian law are holographic wills, public wills (or by act of notary) and secret wills.
- A holographic will is the most simple and common will, and, at the same time, the more private because no one is aware either of the content or the existence of the will. It must be written in full, dated and signed by the testator. Essential elements:
- Writing directly in the testator’s own handwriting
- Date and signature in his/her own handwriting
- It cannot be typed nor dictated by others
- It may be revoked only if expressly indicated in the next will, or in case the following, available will is in contrast with the previous
- Disadvantages: chance of loss, removal, alteration, falsification, appeal for authenticity writing, etc.
- In the will as a notary deed, the contents of the measure remains strictly confidential for the testator’s lifetime. Essential elements:
- It has to be compiled by a notary
- It needs to be compiled at the presence of two witnesses
- It may be revoked in the same way as the holographic will
- Greater accuracy in compliance and protection of the will of the testator, also against heirs
- Obligation of publication by the notary
- Certainty concerning the identity of the author
- The secret will is a form scarcely used. It joins the benefits of the holographic will (secrecy of the content) with those of the public act (inviolability of the Act). Essential elements:
- Editing, also by third parties, of the will and testament
- Subscription card testament so drafted by the testator
- Delivery of the card to the notary in the presence of two witnesses
- It may be revoked in the same way as the holographic will, as well as by the just withdrawal of the card deposited with the notary
Who can make a will
Anyone of age who is not interdicted from exerting this right, and is capable of consent.
What you may leave
In your will, you may leave:
- Movable assets (jewellery, paintings, works of art)
- Real Estate properties in Italy and abroad
- Amounts of cash, shares and investment funds
- Benefits of policies, severance pay etc.
What you may ask in return
- Affixing memoriam plates
- Religious celebrations in your memory
If you want to talk directly with us or for information contact Monica Franchi,
> by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
> by writing to her to our headquarters
> or by calling to her private mobile number 339 7534972.
If you want to get information directly from a notary, contact the Council of Notaries of Brescia which will give you the name of a trusted notary.
Consiglio Notarile di Brescia
Via Ugo La Malfa, n° 4