MMI ‘s aim is to contribute to the promotion of each human being in their entirety, for his or her integration into global citizenship.
MMI acts in developing countries by implementing medical and structural development programs, in order to:
promote basic community health, through integrated community developmet projects. Special focus is given to:
- hygiene and basic health,
- prevention and health education,
- mother -and child health
- fight against mother -and child malnutrition
- fight against HIV and all tropical infectious diseases
- help the creation of adequate infrastructure
- train medical (and para-medical) staff on site
In Italy, MMI is committed to:
- providing training for socio-healthcare workers and other professionals through the Course in Tropical Diseases and International Medicine
- promoting development and global citizenship through education, while fighting against social exclusion and injustice.